Document Type : Original Article
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, P. R. China
A highly efficient and ligand-free approach for the Suzuki–Miyaura cross-coupling reaction of aryl halides with arylboronic acid catalyzed by CuI/Cs2CO3 in DMF has been developed. Under the described conditions, a category of aryl halides including iodides and bromides, whether electron-rich or electron-deficient, were coupled with arylboronic acid to give the target products (moderate to excellent yields). This catalytic system was less efficient in the reactions of aryl bromides as a higher reaction temperature was required to improve the yield.
2. J.J. Lennox, G.C. Lloyd‐Jones, Chem. Soc. Rev. 2014, 43, 4 12.
3. R. Jana, T.P. Pathak, M.S. Sigman, Chem. Rev. 2011, 111, 1417.
4. C. Valente, S. Çalimsiz, K. H. Hoi, D. Mallik, M. Sayah, M. G. Organ, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2012, 51, 3314.
5. T. P. Blaisdell, J. P. Morken, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 8712.
6. D. N. Primer, I. Karakaya, J. C. Tellis, G. A. Molander, J. A m. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 2195.
7. L.S. Zhao, A. Joshi‐Pangu, M. Diane, M. R. Biscoe, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 14027.
8. S. Thapa, B. Shrestha, S. K. Gurung, R. Giri, Org. Biomol. Chem. 2015, 13, 4816.
9. I. P. Beletskaya, A. V. Cheprakov, Coord. Chem. Rev. 2004, 248, 2337.
10. M. B. Thathagar, J. Beckers, G. Rothenberg, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2002, 124, 11858.
11. J.‐H. Li, D.‐P. Wang, Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2006, 2006, 2063.
12. C. Torborg and M. Beller, Adv. Synth. Catal. , 2009, 351, 3027.